The writing of a Will ensures that your Estate passes to those whom you wish to benefit. A carefully prepared Will assists in safeguarding assets for future generations and mitigating inheritance tax.
Our services will include us taking instructions to establish your assets and assisting in formalising your wishes in respect of your assets and advice on legacies, care home fee planning if appropriate, the creation of family trusts, appointing trustees and executors or guardians to care for children.
We encourage you to periodically review your Will. Family circumstances and tax laws change and it is important to keep a Will up to date.
We can provide professional advice on:
- The validity of existing Wills.
- The preparation of new Wills.
- General Estate planning and the mitigation of inheritance tax and use of available reliefs.
- Lifetime gifts.
- Creating family trusts as a structure for maintaining family wealth.
- Post-death tax planning and deeds of variation.
- Transferable nil rate balance.
Our fees for advice are based on hourly rates:
- Partner £300.00 per hour.
- Associate Solicitor £280.00 per hour.
- Lead Conveyancer £240.00 per hour.
- Assistant Conveyancer £200.00 per hour.
All of the hourly rates are plus VAT.
- Drafting of Wills
- Inheritance tax advice
- Care home fees and asset protection
- Probate and the administration of estates
- Deeds of Variation
- Trusts and the administration of Trusts
- Will disputes and inheritance claims